Sunday, July 12, 2009

pops for grownups and kids

As a kid, did you ever pour fruit juice into paper cups, add a wooden popsicle stick, and put them in the freezer? If you did, you'll know why I was so excited to acquire a set of popsicle molds this weekend. I flipped through some recipes, and then went to market for some inspiration. Wandering around the produce stands, I found some lovely blueberries, and decided to use them in my new creations. I have a feeling that the possibilities are endless with these things.

Blueberry Popsicles
  • about 3 cups of vanilla low fat yogurt
  • about one pint of blueberries, rinsed
  • popsicle molds and wooden popsicle sticks
In a blender, combine about 2 cups of yogurt with the blueberries. Blend until smooth. Distribute the remaining cup of yogurt into each popsicle mold. Add the blueberry mixture to the top of each mold.
Makes 12 popsicles

1 comment:

Charity said...

This is GREAT! We read an article in Runners World about making popsicles and ever since Matt has been bugging me to get molds so we can do it. I got them today so we'll be in business shortly!