Tuesday, January 11, 2011

how to poach an egg


The holidays came and went, and here we are back in real life. Which I love actually. I love being able to drive an hour and taste really good wine. Or pick apples. Or go a little further and be immersed in a big, wonderful city. Strawberry tea and the quiet of a Saturday morning is one of my favorite moments in life. Taking a walk with the husband, watching the light fade over the mountains. Coming home to the soup that's been cooking in the crock pot all day. However, there are always new things to try, new things for a new year:
  • I have never poached an egg. I can't quite believe it myself, but there always seems to be a safer, more familiar way to cook them. So, it's about time.
  • make more soup in my crock pot, especially with beans
  • can with my new canner
  • practice cooking Italian recipes - for the trip that will also happen in 2011.
  • mail order some ham
  • make some potato latkes

No comments: